Monday, January 10, 2005

over and done with

i'm a "list" person. not the "top 10" sorta type; i'm more of the "to do" type. it keeps me organized and on top of things in my crazy, active, hectic world. it gives you a sense of accomplishment whenever you've ticked off an item. me, being a visual person, seeing those little check marks on my palm pilot makes me grin -- let's remember however, that that's not the reason to have lists, okay?

and there lies the reason why i haven't been able to blog -- it's been so long that i even forgot my username. in the past 2 months, i have:
  • orchestrated my first communion class' recollection
  • laid out the first communion missallette -- thrice!
  • designed the first communion certificates
  • recorded the first communion songs
  • duplicated first communion songs on cassettes
  • wrote an article for the school newsletter
  • made 3rd quater exams for my religion 5 and 6 class for a kid leaving for india for cisv
  • organized the first school mass in cradle
  • cooked putanesca for a faculty fellowship
  • orchestrated the first communion mass
  • resurrected the guest room for interchange guset -- new paint, new mattress, new shelves, new ceiling fan, new table, new lamp
  • changed toilet fixtures -- 2 showers and 1 toilet
  • designed the fund-raising logo for the school
  • shopped for 24+ godchildren for Christmas (+ gift wrapping)
  • organized the interchange program and budgets with the moms
  • created an interchange scrapbook overnight
  • laid-out high school batch directory for the homecoming
  • composed texts for trophies, certificates and radio spiels for the homecoming
  • personally went after batchmates at their offices with an info sheet
  • collected and disbursed funds for the homecoming
  • purchased what seems to be the last DVD compilation of The Godfather for freddie, my monito
  • attended my annual Christmas dinner with little, frankie and tina -- plus sandy, my thai guest
  • drove for a school visit in antipolo, rizal
  • traveled to paete, laguna with dennis, sandy (phils.), sandy (thailand), and miguel
  • tutored my best friend's daughter for 3rd quarter exams -- she passed all save for filipino!
  • helped make 100 luminaries for a wedding with amy
  • organized new year's media noche with my sister, sandy
  • conducted the interchange, going everywhere from the tiangge, to antipolo, enchanted kingdom, alabang, and baguio
  • survived the meningo-whatever-virus in baguio
  • stood as a godmother (again) at a confirmation
  • made a prayer rock for my new godson
  • attended my high school class' 20th anniversary homecoming

all these, over and above work and school. it wasn't a very fun thing to do, mind you -- well, not all of it. shopping's always fun :)

as i take a look at the list, do i feel accomplished? yes, but more than that, i feel tired. and it's only the 2nd week of the new year. sigh.

i realize that the list is a list of things to do for others... not for myself. i don't think that i've even read a book this year! sadness. perhaps the only thing i've done for myself is cut my hair, and that was only 3 days ago. must start a list of my own. i already know 2 items i can put down: (1) learn to ask for help and (2) say "no." i can almost hear mama aly heave a sigh of relief.

3 comments:

mama_aly said...

Start the year right by learning this once and for all:
NO DOESN'T MEAN YOU LOVE LESS!
You've said no to me a few times and I never felt less loved. The "deposits" you make in your relationships allow you to say no and believe me, the world will not end. Life is about giving ... but not until you're too spent to enjoy the ride.

That's my two cents.

Anonymous said...

Hey tita! You finally updated! :)
Here are a few things to add to your list:

*Made a 16 and 19 month-year-old (I dont like using the age 17, haha) VERY CONFUSED by hardly saying anything
*Made the same teenager break her diet because of a little something that came in a box labeled "Cassava Manila"
*Managed to do the impossible and do everything for everyone but herself
--Get some rest tita! You deserve it! Let's go out and talk sometime...my treat! :)

*Guess who!
CLUE: I'm a new Atenean! haha. :) And techincally your adopted sister too. ;)

barbiegirl said...

hahaha! i know you! hey there, fellow atenean! :)

so sorry if i torment you. but i won't lie to you... you're such an east prey. hahaha!

yes, let's go out one time. that's something that i WILL do for myself! :)