Monday, October 25, 2004

simple pleasures part II

turned 37 today. no big celebrations -- i'm saving that for the big 4-0 when my friends will surprise me with a big party (hint! hint!) -- save for the surprise i got at the school kitchen this afternoon.

bless amy's soul. she rounded up friends and family, and they came bearing gifts, too! the theme was "leslie's favorite food" - in line with my english class' topic on adjectives. i'm not a very difficult person to please, as the roster will show you:

  • migueli, who's on sem break, came to school with bananas... lacatan, to be exact
  • mom (yes! she was there!) brought puto from pangasinan, the ones in the brown paper bag
  • mama aly, my bestest cousin in the world, brought me pampanga's best tocino (my former supplier is in jolly england)
  • amy gave me cracker nagaraya in all flavors except the bland original
  • vikki, my pastoral leader, brought planter's cheez curls and la-la fish crackers
  • bicbic sneaked in a box of napoleones and half moons from bacolod (we were on the same flight home yesterday and she said they were all out of stock)
  • steph sent me goldilocks mocha cake... all-time favorite comfort food, there's just nothing like it!
  • gelique supplied the balloons and brought me cheetos!

later at night, my best friend suzie gave me an estrel's caramel birthday cake... memories of my childhood *sigh*

had anyone given me shiny P5 coins, the day would have been perfect. told you i was mababaw.

No comments: