Saturday, May 12, 2007

home alone

belatedly posting drafts started ages ago. this one was originally drafted last april 8, Easter Sunday.

my family seems to have been bitten by the traveling bug... all, save me.

this holy week, i found myself home alone. everyone else took off to mambusao for a family reunion. even 2 of the maids left! so that leaves me with 1 house, 6 bedrooms, 1 swimming pool, 1 pc, 1 mac, 2 dogs, and 5 cars all to myself. not that i was home most of the time to enjoy it. i would be out, using 1 of the 5 cars (the one with the most gas, of course), working for the Triduum, the reason i stayed behind.

i DID enjoy the quiet. once in a while, it's good to be alone. there's a lot of freedom in being alone. i got to sleep in because there wasn't anyone to wake me, asking if i wanted to play ps2 (at 7:30 a.m.!); didn't have to queue for the pc at 4 a.m.; had the downstairs tv to myself, ditto with the newspaper.

then again, too much alone time drones the head. the house can be defeaningly quiet and can even echo because, yes, it IS a big house, too big for one to be left alone with. not good.
(gee! i don't think i'd make a good ofw!)

i know that i don't like crowds and getting crowded, but this is way too much space. thank God for a black saturday swimming tradition and a camp meeting, the house is more than population, 3. the maids got back today; the family returns tomorrow. phew!

ironically, being alone makes me look forward to playing ps2 when the little bugger gets back... maybe at 9 a.m.

No comments: