Tuesday, July 26, 2005

looking good

while in UP, teacher carol asked me if yolando was my father. of course, he was (i gush whenever i say i'm his daughter; i was a "daddy's girl")! when another teacher asked the significance of the name, teacher carol replied, "only one of the best doctors in the country!" hear, hear!

i stumbled on my dad's resume on my mom's dressing room table one morning. it read like an award citation! all his accomplishments on 3 (?) sheets of paper... president of this, chairman of that, medical director of this, awardee for that... teaching posts, positions in both local and international organizations...

i gotta admit, even in death, dad looks good! damn! what a brilliant, brilliant man!


man, i miss him!

1 comment:

mama_aly said...

miss him too. did you see my blog on happiness? uncle yolo and the magnolia ice cream sandwich is etched in my mind under happy memories...also his old spice after shave (circa 40 Dr. Lazcano)