Wednesday, May 25, 2005

what makes you happy?

i took miguel with me one night on one of my errands. i forget how we got to the topic but at one point, i remember asking him, "what makes you happy, miguel?"

his reply: "playing lego... building blocks... loving ninang!"

AWWW! i made it to the top three! isn't he the sweetest?

knowing that you are loved will make anyone happy. me pa? i'm a very easy person to please (read as "mababaw"). herewith is a short list of my simple joys:
  1. "playing" with kids young and old
  2. good food and even better conversation
  3. receiving shiny P5 coins
  4. finding P100 in my jeans pocket (actually, kahit P20, masaya na ako)
  5. being with my cousin aly anywhere from her house to divisoria
  6. my nephews and nieces
  7. receiving "lubong" from someone else's grocery run
  8. vanilla milkshakes
  9. plain m&m's - not from the fridge, mind you
  10. receiving handwritten letters and thank you notes
  11. a cold beer after a dive (aaaaaah!)
  12. a cold beer (period.)

4 comments:

mama_aly said...

awwww shucks!!! i'm the only one there whose name is spelled out!!! You're in my top of tops list. iba na and may pinagsamahan, sa hirap at ginahawa, tried and tested, forever and ever. you're the closest thing to having a blood sister. i love you, cuz!

barbiegirl said...

mama aly, i'm so glad we're related. i could not ask for a better cousin. you're one of my affirmations that i am spoiled by God. sulit na sulit!

teachermum, I MISS YOU SO! i was just talking about you to a new teacher this week. i miss our breakfast club *sob* and your supply of tocino *sob**sob** i do hope you're well.

Anonymous said...

i love the "cold beer. period." :) hahaha. let's drink to that!

barbiegirl said...

let's not forget lolo jose also :p cheers!